This is the fourth recipe from my previous post The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie. Main ingredients and directions are mainly from the thin, crisp chocolate chip cookie recipe, just changed the recipe a bit.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/6 melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package (6 oz.) or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- With a mixer on medium speed, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla until blended. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture, then beat until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Dough will be dry and crumbly; pinch into 1-tablespoon-size lumps. Bake cookies in a 300° oven until they are an even golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on pan about 3 minutes, then transfer to racks with a spatula. Serve warm or cool. Store airtight up to 1 day, or freeze for longer storage.
Recipe taken from Sunset Magazine.