This is the third recipe from my previous post The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie. Main ingredients and directions are mainly from the thin, crisp chocolate chip cookie recipe, just changed the baking directions a bit.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 package (6 oz.) or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- With a mixer on medium speed, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, water, and vanilla until blended. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture, then beat until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop batter in 1-tablespoon portions about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake in a 300° oven until edges of cookies are browned but an area about 1 inch wide in the center is still pale, about 14 minutes.