This is the second recipe from my previous post The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 package (6 oz.) or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- With a mixer on medium speed, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, water, and vanilla until blended. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture, then beat until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop batter in 1-tablespoon portions about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake in a 300° oven until an even golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. If using 2 pans in 1 oven, switch places at half-time.
- Let cookies cool on pan about 3 minutes, then transfer to racks with a spatula. Serve warm or cool. Store airtight up to 1 day, or freeze for longer storage.
Cooking time: About 20 minutes per pan
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Makes: About 32 cookies
Recipe taken from Sunset Magazine.