Leche Flan

I made a bunch of leche flans during Lloyd's birthday. It was a hit!I got this recipe from the recipe book my mom gave me (Elvas Meal Times: Filipino & International Dishes).


There are actually 7 leche flan recipes in the book, but I've only tried #4 (coz it's the easiest). Maybe next time I'll try the others. :)




Ingredients:

  • 6 egg yolks
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 can condensed milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup sugar


Directions:
  1. Caramelize 1/2 cup sugar in a mold under the broiler. Take it out when the sugar is melted, and tilt to cover the whole bottom surface of the mold. Cool.
  2. Pour mixture into the caramel-lined pan. Steam for an hour. Steam with the mold covered.Un-mold when cool and invert into a serving platter.


Note:
I've modified this recipe a bit.
  • The recipe needs 1/2 cup sugar for the caramel, but I'm using less. Instead, I just put enough sugar to cover the mold.
  • To caramelize the sugar, I placed the mold (with the sugar) in the oven toaster, checking it often to see if all the sugar has melted (not burned!).

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008  © Blog header image 'Kultivating' from Smashing Magazine by João Filipe Cunha

Back to TOP