Pop-up Ads in Blog

Is it just me or there's a pop-up whenever my blog's accessed? Waa! this can't be! I never put pop-up ads in my blog! :c

First and foremost it's annoying! Well, links are okay, but pop-ups that I didn't add in the first place?! Second... what if it's a virus?! If it is... for those who clicked the ad, sorry if I've infected your computers... :(

To solve this problem, I'll be adding and removing some sidebar items to check which ones did it...

By the way, below is the image of the pop-up.

Whenever I look at the popup's status bar at the bottom, it says that it's connecting to network.adsmarket.com and then to wixawin.com.

UPDATE (Sep 8, '08 8:50AM)
I found it! I'ts my shoutbox. :@
Byebye to all my past messages. :(

4 comments:

anna 9/08/2008 6:58 AM  

hello janis, thanks for some sample pictures for my blogger head. had the chance to change my template :)

An American in France 9/09/2008 2:55 AM  

It's one thing to put ads near the little shoutbox.. I mean I'm sure it's a great application and they should make a little bit from it, but pop-ups. No WAY! I'm glad that you care and removed the pop-up, that's what separates a good blogger from a bad. I'll definitely keep checking back here to see what new content you've got brewin'

-Melbel

janis 9/09/2008 9:50 AM  

to anna: no prob :) glad to be able to share my sources hihi!

to melbel: i really hate pop-ups. good thing i was patient enough to check each widget. i was able to remove the popup and i'm now using a different shoutbox.

The Wifey Diaries 9/12/2008 12:21 PM  

Right! I noticed that as I was leaving weekend messages earlier. Hmmm.. Better change my chatbox now. This is the third time I've changed templates this week. Arrrgh! Then I realized it was my shoutbox.

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008  © Blog header image 'Kultivating' from Smashing Magazine by João Filipe Cunha

Back to TOP