Singapore Marathon 2008

I think blogging's a part of my life now... I haven't blogged for a while because hubby & I were busy during the weekend. Then since Monday I wasn't feeling well and got a fever yesterday. My throat's still a bit sore but other than that I'm doing fine. So here's what's up...

Lloyd joined the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2008 last Sunday, 7th of December. He joined the 10km category and he was able to finish it! I am so proud of my hubby. :) And to think it's his first time to join a marathon.

At first we thought we won't make it to the race because we woke up late (his race starts at 7:30am, we woke up at 6:30am). We forgot to remove the alarm-only-on-weekdays setting! Wrong timing! After waking up, we had a very quick shower and was out of the house by 6:45am (hahaha! world record!).

When we got out, no taxi in sight! Lloyd was ready to give up and not go to the race anymore, but we still tried to wait until 7am. Luckily a taxi passed by. :)

When we got there it was already 7:30 (or maybe even 7:40). Since we can still see a lot of guys wearing the same race shirt walking around, we just walked to the starting line. The picture on the right is the only picture I got while he was running.

After one and a half hours later Lloyd reached the finish line! From the time he started, he ran/walked/jogged for 1h:21m:8s (taken from runpix.com).

So proud of my hubby! :)

My sister was asking me why I didn't join the marathon. My answer: in a treadmill I can't reach 1km by walking! What more a 10km marathon :P

4 comments:

cherscrap23 12/11/2008 2:13 PM  

Congrats to your hubby for completing the marathon! I too love to blog, am obsessed actually, and thanks for visiting and commenting on mine!

Babette 12/13/2008 10:48 AM  

Wow, that's quite an accomplishment! I'll probably won't reach the half way mark. LOL I hope you feel much better, getting sick is awful. I'm just at the end of mine and it seems like forever. :o(

Btw Janis, the tag you gave me is up. Sorry for the delay.

Melanie 12/14/2008 10:39 PM  

Hi,
Im giving you an award here:
http://lifeinbellevue.blogspot.com/2008/12/my-very-first-award.html

janis 12/16/2008 2:50 AM  

thanks cherscrap23 & Babette (in hubby's behalf :D)

thanks Melanie for the award :)

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008  © Blog header image 'Kultivating' from Smashing Magazine by João Filipe Cunha

Back to TOP