My Exercise Buddies

Guess what I bought...


A hula hoop! Hihihi!

When Marisa Tomei was a guest in Ellen DeGeneres' show, she said that her exercise regimen is to use the hula hoop everyday. And she really did it on the show. She can even text while doing it.

So now, I want to try out the hula hoop exercise. We'll see if it's effective.

By the way, the blue yoga mat is something I bought a long time ago. I think I've used it less than five times at home. My plan was to bring the mat to the gym whenever I attend yoga classes. But I don't have a bag/carrier for it, and if I carry it as is, it's too big and bulky for me. So it's just here at home, accumulating dust.

Hopefully I won't be lazy to exercise at home.

6 comments:

Liza 7/14/2009 3:43 AM  

I'm back to exercising, working out 30 mins everyday. When I was younger, galing ko mag hulahoop! I just don't know if I can still do it pa. Haha

janis 7/14/2009 8:34 AM  

Hi Liza,
naku after blogging about the hula hoop, i tried it... nahulog lang hahaha! will keep on practicing until i can really do it. :)

Sandy 7/17/2009 10:02 PM  

As a kid I was really good at it, could do it around my middle, go up and down at the same time. Switch it from arm to arm, then legs. Bought one a few years ago for exercise also. It was fun. Good at it, no! That apparently went as my youth did. lol I'm not sure how long you're suppose to do it to get the benefit you need. I tried watching the clock and found that really boring, music might be the trick. Start out with one song, then 2, etc. Mine hoop broke, perhaps I should buy another one.

Please pop in and tell me how you're doing with it, how long you're using it etc. and if you've found a way to do it without staring at the clock. Texting while hooping, no way!

Sandy

jan celiz-magtoto 7/27/2009 12:45 PM  

janis, i don't even know how to hula-hoop! aaw...

kikamz 7/27/2009 1:51 PM  

talaga? hula hoop is a great exercise regimen? masubukan nga, jans. bili na rin ako. hehehe! tingnan natin kund lumiit tyan ko kaka-hula. will let u know pag effective! good luck din sa yo!

janis 7/27/2009 4:15 PM  

hi sandy! i thought i can still do it... but it just keeps on falling to the floor! :(

hi jan! before, when i was a kid, i can do it. when i bought the hula hoop, i thought i can do it. when i finally tried it... ayaw! :(

hi kikamz! oh yes! Liv Tyler also does the hula hoop exercise! also saw some videos form eHow.com. kailan ko kaya maaabot ang level na yun...

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008  © Blog header image 'Kultivating' from Smashing Magazine by João Filipe Cunha

Back to TOP