Go Away Giant Pores!

For as long as I can remember, I've always had enlarged pores. I never had a lot of pimples and acne, but I do have a lot of whiteheads and blackheads... and I HATE THEM!

It's very hard for me to look for that perfect product because I have combination skin. Very oily (& enlarged pores) on the T-zone and dry/very dry on the cheeks. I've tried a lot of over-the-counter products - L'Oreal, Neutrogena, The Body Shop, Olay Total Effects, products by my dermatologist.

The Body Shop's Tea Tree products worked for me... at first. I tried it when I was in college. It really worked... but my face felt oily. I stopped using it for a while... no budget since I'm just a student. When I started working I tried using it again, but I got pimples, so I stopped.

L'Oreal and Neutrogena... never worked for me. Too drying.

One thing that always worked better for me was my dermatologists' products - facial soap, toner and night lotion. But... I can't rely on them forever. She's in the Philippines and I'm in Singapore.

I tried The Body Shop again, this time I tried their Seaweed range of products. Didn't work that well for me. Plus the moisturizer still leaves my face oily.

Now, I'm trying another range of products... Kiehl's Rare Earth products. It's on the expensive side, but I want to give it a try. Wish my face some luck! hihihi!

Ugh... pores... why do you hate me so?!

3 comments:

Jarminator 2/01/2010 11:30 AM  

so far hindi pa naman ako nagkakapimple ng malalaki. tapos ung white heads.. nakukuha sya sa eskinol hehehe.. tapos ung black heads, may binigay ang derma ko na pang pore cleanser so far so good.

i wanted to try kiehl's too!! i heard maganda sila. is it true?

janis 2/02/2010 8:50 AM  

pores are not so giant anymore! but my skin kc is combination, super-dry ang cheeks ko. so now, mas nag-super-dry pa sya. I'm going back to kiehl's to get a recommendation, like maybe alternate (morning-evening) the Rare Earth with something else.

austenfan 2/06/2010 8:44 AM  

I use Neutrogena for my oily skin. Ok naman, but nothing spectacular. Right now, my main problem are my blackheads. :( Hope Kiehl's turns out great. (So I can give it a try too. :p)

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008  © Blog header image 'Kultivating' from Smashing Magazine by João Filipe Cunha

Back to TOP